Tánaiste Welcomes SME & Entrepreneurship Taskforce Progress
The Tánaiste and Minister for Enterprise, Trade and Employment, Leo Varadkar TD and Ministers of State Dara Calleary TD and Damien English TD, have welcomed the progress report on priority actions identified by the SME & Entrepreneurship Taskforce.
The progress report highlights achievements such as:
- Increasing first time exporters through the extension of the Local Enterprise Office mandate
- Introduction of the Digital Transition Fund to support companies at all stages of their digital journey
- Ensuring an adequate supply of credit to SMEs through State-backed loan schemes and equity investment schemes
- SME management skills and the launch of the new Skills for Better Business tool which is an online assessment tool and a course resource
- Reducing the regulatory burden on SMEs through the application of the SME Test across 6 Government Departments and with commitments by more Departments to apply it
- An enhanced single portal for business information and assistance (www.supportingsmes.gov.ie)
To find out more, or to read the full report, please click here.