SMEs that scale up, particularly high-growth firms, make an important contribution to job creation and economic growth. Increasing the number of scaling enterprises is a key policy objective for Ireland, and for the EU as a whole. Working with Enterprise Ireland, the Department is exploring options for long-term strategic funding to accelerate scaling.
Enterprise Ireland currently offers a range of supports and programmes for scaling. The range of supports available are broken down into the following 5 areas:
- Market Research and Internationalisation Supports
- Supports for Product, Process, or Services Development including RD&I Funding
- Supports to Enhance and Develop your Management Team
- Productivity and Business Process Improvement Supports
- Company Expansion Packages
Funding decisions are determined by the following factors:
- Need for financial support for the project
- Potential employment and sales growth
- Previous funding provided to the company
- Regional location of the company
The range of supports available from Enterprise Ireland can be found here.